Re: [MV] Composite Light Wiring

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 08:34:16 PDT

>.....When
>the brake is depressed, it reads 22 volts, and reads nothing when the brake
>is off.

This sounds low, is the battery voltage actually 22V? Should be more like
25.2V or 28.8V if the engine is running.

> When the bulb is put in the socket, nothing happens.
> It appears that the bulb is making connection with all the right points,
> there's juice coming out,
> the bulb works,
> what's wrong? I can't see any reason why this shouldn't be working. Any
>advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>
>BTW, does anyone know what the marker on the bottom is for? There's the red
>lens, the blackout markers underneath, and another marker which is white,
>with yellow LED's in a triangular pattern inside. None of the switches
>appear to turn this on. Not really a problem, just curious.

So none of the bulbs ever work on that side then??? Almost sounds like you
lost the ground connection. Take the light assembly off and clean up the
area around the bolts both on the light assembly and where it mounts to on
the body/frame. If it's not that then your going to have to start tracing
wires, but a light bulb would be better than a meter as it will load the
circuit in the event that you have a marginal contact type of situation.
Someone at the Iola show was selling 24V light probes, looked kind of handy,
should have bought one.

Good Luck,

je