Re: [MV] CA hardtop law?

From: kstrain@earthlink.net
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 14:53:48 PDT

I have a M35A2c registered in California with " Historical " license plates.
The DMV inspected the truck and said nothing about back up lights, they tried
to get me to bring in a weight cirt. but I stated that it was exempt as a
historical vehicle. In california you are to only drive it to and from prades
or events. I use it for my ranch truck, to run to the dump, to hunt with, to 4
wheel to baja, ect. I pass CHP officers ALL the time and have never been
stopped or questioned about the truck. I have several friends with the same
truck and the have reported the same. If any one wants to talk about it give me
a call at (415) 440-4044. buy the way most people know about the historical
plates, they are quite rare, and even the DMV does not know the rules that
apply to them, as I looked up the rules on the DMV web site, and spent several
hours at the Petaluma office
registering the truck, and informing the DMV of their own rules and regs.
kstrain@earthlink.net