Re: [MV] Merlin sounds

From: Philip Waterman (waterman@tellink.net)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 17:36:54 PDT

Speaking of the sound of Merlin engines, just spent the last two days at a
small air show with several other MVs as window dressing for War Birds.
They had the AT-6s, a P51 P47 and a B-17, but the high point was a B24 in
the air, first one that Išve seen in the air. The were selling rides so for
part of each of the two days the B17 and the B24 were taking off and landing
and doing low level passes over the field. The sound was sweet as the big
radials took off and made their passes some times with a fighter escort.
The rides were $300 for half hour 20 people at a time we the B-17 did 5
trips on Saturday and at least 10 on Sunday.

One of the other interesting flybys was and A10 and a P47 flying together.

Oh yes we had 2 Deuces, 2 MBs, Halftrack, 42 Chevy Staff Car, M38, 2 M151s
and my CMP 3 Ton radio truck.

Lots of old pilots and WWII vets meaning lots of interesting conversations
with people.

--
Philip Waterman
Canadian Military Pattern  CMP `42 C60S and `45 HUP