Re: [MV] Active Charcoal canisters & pollution...

From: Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 00:57:12 PDT

At 19.31 28/09/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Raimondo L. Torelli schrieb:
>

>> Apologies for my ignorance! What is the purpose of "charcoal" in the Mutt?
>> What is its use for? All 3 MUTT's use it (151, 151A1, 151A2)?
>> Regards and, of course!
>>
>> Keep Them Rolling!
>>
>> Raimondo - MVPA 15878 & IMPS 2320
>
>One reason for charcoal in a Mutt is that the driver wants to make a
>barbeque. (Remember the Bratwurst...)

GOOD! I like it!

>The other reason is, that there is a canister filled with active charcoal,
>which takes the fumes (vapour) from the fuel tank and the carburettor,
>when the engine is not running but still hot. The air goes through the
>charcoal, but the hydrocarbons "stick" at the charcoal. When the engine
>starts again, it sucks air back though the canister and takes the
>hydrocarbons back. So it cleans the active charcoal.
>
>Best regards
>Andreas

Well, it seems that the MUTTs have been done with pollution in mind!!!
Very Good! NOW, if they have been so well developed WHY... a Fed.
organization states they are NOT (chuckle!!!)... safe (??) and requests
that the military have not to sell them to collectors??

Nothing serious, just a joke (apologies!).

Keep Them Rolling!

Raimondo - MVPA 15878 & IMPS 2320
(Need for presents or collection Decorative Ceramics? For the best,
handmade, original, Italian Ceramics of Capodimonte, please, che here:
http://www.ceramicofnaples.it)