Re: [MV] Camp Atturbury Battle

From: Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 07:33:07 PDT

At 21.23 03/10/00 +0100, RICHARD wrote:

> [...]

Oct 4 2000

Richard and Andreas
I am very (chuckle!) upset with you (with your permission, of course!),
because there was a tacit agreement between the List members in NOT writing
"M and number" without a description of the mil-veh concerned!!! Not all
members know everything (!!!) and not all members have an huge library full
of books listing "M numbers"... For example: the M151 MUTT, the M113
Armored Personnel Carrier, etc.
NOW: knowing Andreas, I may imagine what is it a "Sd.Kfz. 2"... but what is
it a "Sd.Kfz 181"? I know what is it an M4A4 (a Sherman tank. Here in
Italy they are all Sherman for us...!).
Please (I said PLEASE!), explain what is it a Sd.Kfz. 181!

Regards and
Panzergrau rules! (Andreas likes it, you know!)

Raimondo - MVPA 15878 & IMPS 2320

P.S.
Sd.Kkz. 2 = Kettenkrad
Sd.Kfz. 181 = is a Panther tank, IIRC?