Re: [MV] CCKW PTO I.D. help needed

From: Bryan Rupp (ruppster@alaskalife.net)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 22:05:55 PDT

 Something cheap in Alaska? I wished. People up here want top dollar for junk. While it costs a lot
to ship stuff from here to the lower forty-eight it costs more just to get it up here in the first
place. I came across a guy that has an M43B1 Dodge Ambulance that is for sale. The truck was mostly
complete with very little rust but has had a couple of mods done to it. Plus the frame has a nice
crack in it on the left side just above the front axle that is about 7 inches long. Would not take
less then $3,500 as he felt it would cost $2,500 to buy one from down south and another $2,000 to
ship it up. So he is saving you $1,000 in the process. Unfortunately the truck is still sitting in
the back of his yard rusting away. There is another gent with a truck parts business that has a load
of military stuff in his yard that want's more for the stuff then you can buy it from companies
outside the state and ship it up. So if anyone hears about cheap military stuff for sale in Alaska
please let me know as I have yet to find any. :-)

 As far as my plea for help to save the M211 I was mostly aiming it at someone in Alaska or
northwestern Canada. It would cost about $2,000 just to get it to Washington state from here. That's
why I made sure I pointed out it's current location so people would know. What I hate is seeing
people with trucks or accessories for sale in the lower part of the U.S. at a very low price but
then having to pass on all of it due to how much it would cost just to get it up here. But I know
I'm not the only one with this problem. I know there are a lot of overseas members on this list that
face the same dilemma.