Re: [MV] Dimensions for jerrycan dipstick

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 00:20:04 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Renaud OLGIATI" <rolgiati@bigfoot.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2000 12:46 AM
Subject: [MV] Dimensions for jerrycan dipstick

> I have just finished making a dip-stick to check how much fuel I have in a
> UK / German type jerrycan.

Crikey, that's awfully professional.

Us Europeans are quite good at guesstimating by sloshing it around in the
can, anyway such is the thirst of your average MV that it can always swallow
a 20 L can without any difficulty.

> Ron the Frog, soaked under the thunderstorm
> on the banks of the Paraguay River.

No better here, if it carries on the authorities will be asking for the loan
of my amphibian.

Richard
Southampton - England