Re: [MV] CUCV speedo(not the bathing suit) and alt. question

From: ljh (ljh@public.xm.fj.cn)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 03:47:59 PDT

Cris:

It sounds to me that the speedo cable needs a re-lubing. Remove the
speedo cable from the rear of the speedometer and then pull out the
cable from inside the sheathing. clean it in a parts washer and then use
some light grease to lube the entire length of it. Carefully reinstall
it as you will have to insert the square end of it into the transmission
gear for it to turn again. This operation is really not too difficult
just pay attention to the re-installation.

Best of luck to you
Tim Conover
AMOY, China.