M1009 radio config

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@lynx.bc.ca)
Date: Sat Oct 14 2000 - 16:29:31 PDT

9th Inf. Div, Ft. Lewis WA, always got to test neat stuff before adoption
or rejection by the military. One of the bits of kit they got to field
test was a Harris manufactured early ECCM unit ('frequency hopper')
called the AN/PRC-117 (they also tested the 113.) Anyone
know if the 117's vehicular configuration, AN/VRC-83(X) was
ever mounted in the 1008 or 1009? If so, any pictures?

I've seen several 1009's rigged to mount three or four antennas (not
just the rearmost ones repositioned to the front - there's
evidence of simultaneous use), yet I can't think what they would've
mounted other than the AN/VRC-46 or 49 setup given the
tiny radio tray.

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211
Vancouver, B.C.