Re: [MV] Electrical question

From: Randy Orpe (sgtorpe@sierratel.com)
Date: Sat Oct 14 2000 - 20:58:27 PDT

Figure out the power requirements of all the stuff you are going to plug
into the Generator set and then get a set that exceeds your load
requirements by at least 10%. OR you get a smaller gen set and load shift
 run only part of your equipment at the same time ) I can run a house as
just described on a 3KW but to run it all at once I would need a 5KW.
Remember that diesel gen sets need to be run above 50% load most of the time
in order to be efficient and to prevent mechanical problems ( like injector
slobber ).

Randy