Re: [MV] Will I be really sorry if...

From: Emmett Thompson (kt4al@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 07:15:54 PDT

OK I will put my two cents in as well

I have painted 4 vehicles in my driveway with good success on the last two.
The lessons were learned on the first two.

I use a HVLP spray gun that really cuts down on over-spray and I have an
assistant to keep the paint mixed and the hose out of the way.
I prep the vehicle and have it all ready the day before, then to keep the
dew off I put a tarp over the vehicle. I noticed at 0700 the dew keeps the
dust down and very few bugs are out and about. You also do not want the
vehicle to be hot from the sun prior to painting.

Gellespe coatings are very forgiving and spray well. I have been very happy
with the way they went on but they do not handle sunlight well after about 6
years outside. It does last a long time if garaged

I do know that painting outside is in fact illegal but I plead ignorance,
hell I'm just a dumb redneck trying to make my cool army truck look good.

Good luck
Emmett