Re: [MV] Darwin award

From: Chuck from Olive-Drab (cc@olive-drab.com)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 14:20:04 PDT

The first version of this story that I ever heard was in the 1950's. I was
told by a Marine who had served in Korea that someone in his outfit's motor
pool had fitted the engine from an observation plane (Piper Cub?) into a
jeep. They tried it out on an airfield and it went so fast that the wheels
left the ground and the jeep shot over into a hanger area. Several
fatalities, wrecked aircraft, plus numerous courtmartial's were the end of
the story.

This probably started right after Kitty Hawk.

Chuck

chuck@olive-drab.com
www.olive-drab.com