Re: [MV] MUTT-1984 Contracts

From: Muttguru@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 06:07:57 PDT

In a message dated 24/10/00 11:24:18 GMT Daylight Time, Anith@wfp.org writes:

<< My 1984 MUTT was exported to Sudan. Its contract number ALSO is:
 DAAE07-84-C-J076
 And the Vehicle Serial # is: E-151-00020

 Can the numbers for both a Foreibn Military Sales contract and the US TACOM
 contract be the SAME? >>

Hello Anith...........

On some M151A1s, there was a separate contract number for Foreign Military
Sales (FMS), but I haven't found any on A2s........ they all seem to have
been ordered through TACOM. It looks like TACOM handled all applications for
FMS mutts....... and if this is correct, it would make sense for all
ordering/payment/export documentation etc to be handled at one
point-of-contact, rather than lots of overseas Governments ordering directly
from AMG. Anyone out there in TACOM-land able to confirm this?

Kind regards....
ken