Re: [MV] M885 coil resistor - update

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 10:46:18 PDT

List,
I replaced the coil and resistor. I placed the coil secondary
wire about 1/4" from the block and cranked the engine - no spark.
I disconnected the wires on the negative (-) side of the coil and
with the ignition switch on, I can momentary ground the terminal
off and on, acting like breaker points. When I do this, I get spark
from the secondary. This seems to indicate the pickup in the
distributor is defective. Am I right? When I say secondary, I'm
referring to the outlet that carries the high voltage to the distributor
cap.
Many, many thanks to all of the responses to my original posting.
It sure helps.
Joe Young