Re: [MV] DRMO Tampering

From: Cougarjack@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 00:18:01 PDT

I'm not sure that your statement was supposed to be "American bashing", but
it sure sounded like it. Dishonesty is not synonomous with being American.
Let's not forget that America feeds and defends three quarters of the world,
and usually gets screwed for the favor. However, the real evil here is the
auction itself. I never liked the damned things myself, precisely because
they give rise to so many abuses and dishonest acts. The DRMO employees are
not permitted to bid on anything, so naturally they resent what goes on.
Given the neanderthal mindset of *some* federal civilian employees, and the
difficulty of diciplining anyone within the civil service guidelines, I'm
afraid that you take your chances if you bid anything. I'm not acquainted
with some of the horrid practices mentioned here, but they don't shock me.
Until we manage to shrink the size of our government, it'll remain out of
control in every aspect of it. Makes you wonder how we won any wars, eh?

<< Hey, I guess that when it comes to business, and making a fast buck, it's
called the "American Way"...
Antoine