Re: [MV] Cannon Wheels addresses

From: Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 03:54:29 PST

>At 10.36 15/10/00 EDT, MIKE wrote:
>>Hi Guys.
>>
>>Anyone know of anybody that can make wagon/cannon wheels. >Restoring a
JAP type 41gun. I have all the metal, just need the >woodwork.
>>All the best.
>>Mark Witham
>
>>Oct 17 2000
>
>>Hi
>>there are ads (if IIRC!!) in THE ARTILLERYMAN magazine >concerning wooden
wheels makers. Back at home I shall check and >will let you know tomorrow
what I have found (I hope...).
>>The magazine is devoted to muzzleloading cannons, mortars, etc.
>
>>Keep Them Rolling!
>
>>Raimondo - MVPA 15878 & IMPS 2320

Oct 31 2000

O.K.! I have just received the Fall issue of The Artilleryman and I have
found the following ads concerning wood wheels (and carriages):

- Wheels for Sale
  FHD - Steve Cameron, 110 West Old Andrew Jackson Hwy, Suite 10,
Jefferson City, TN 37760, ph. 865-471-6640, AKM@aol.com

- Steen Cannons
  3409 13th Street, Ashland, KY, 41102, ph. 606-329-2477
  http://www.wwd.net/steen

- Stafford Wheel and Carriage
  Jeff Stafford, Restoration and Reproduction Wheels and Rolling
Stock, 1019 Lieds Road, Coatesville, PA 19320, ph. 610-486-0567

- Historical Ordnance Works
  Museum Quality Reproduction & Restoration of Civil War Era
Ordnance, Thomas J. Bailey, P.O. Box 793, Woodstock, GA 30188,
  ph. 770-928-2298, tba6518757@aol.com

- Compagnie Royale d'Artillerie
  147, Sainte-Georges, La Prairie (Quebec) J5R 2M2, Canada, ph.
450-444-1515, cracanon@supernet.ca

The above are all the ads of the issue: I hope you will find what you are
looking for.
Please, keep us informed on your restoration!

Regards

Raimondo - MVPA 15878 & IMPS 2320
(Need for presents decorative Ceramics? For the best, handmade, original,
Italian made Decorative Ceramics, please click here:
http://www.ceramicofnaples.it)