Jeeps,dead horses and Paint.

From: Mark Baxter (alleywayguns@bacavalley.com)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 07:46:52 PST

 Folks. I have seen a photo or 2 of jeeps in a crate myself, but we have
been beating this dead horse issue to death, and now we have infighting in
the group!. Can we find a new topic to start on? He I will try, and I hope
we can get away from crated jeeps.
 IM really thinking of repainting my M-886 Ambulance. IT has the original 4
color camo on it. I was thinking of repainting it in the newer CARC 3 color
pattern, using Gillispie paints due to a bit of rust under the original
Camo. Well I think I have taken care of the rust, just minor spotty surface
rust, but now the truck needs a coat of paint so it does not have spots.
 Having heard that the flat paints draw in the moisture, how can I seal the
body from the water and then shoot flat paint over this sealer? I was
thinking of maybe shooting a semi gloss paint over the original hand brushed
camo paint, then shooting the Gillispie CARC 383 green over it. Would this
work? or would it peel? OR should I find someone that would shoot real CARC
Green paint over the whole truck and really seal it from the weather? Thanks
for any help. Mark M-886