Re: [MV] E. Pump sensor for Blazer

From: John Bowen (oreuc@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 08:53:45 PST

>Can anyone tell me how to change the cold start sensor on the inj.. >pump
>on the Blazer? Might that be the cold start problem?

I don't know the full history of your truck but I'll tell you the best $326
I spent on my M1028 that also had a cold start problem (after checking that
correct voltages were getting to all the right places).

Because I also had a throttle shaft fuel leak I replaced the 4520 injection
pump with a rebuilt unit from Diesel Injection Service in Lubbock, TX (they
have a web site). They put all the latest upgrades in their rebuilt pumps
and I did the install myself with the $19.95 CUCV manuals on CD from
Military Media (takes a little time and care since the intake manifold comes
off and all the fuel pipes have to be broken, etc.).

This truck would barely start before the replacement but now fires faster
than my '99 Power Stroke. My M1028 was only showing 33K when I bought it in
Aug., and typically a pump shouldn't be needed at that low mileage, but it
certainly made a difference. There is also a later version GM mechanical
fuel lift pump that is also supposed to help cold starts and minimize fuel
leak down but I didn't bother to change it.

J. D. Bowen