Re: [MV] Can I still use this?

From: Jon Shoop (shoop19@brick.net)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 22:43:40 PST

Heres a good one...kinda fuel related

Went to start the M114 today to pull it out of the paint booth....no
throttle response...bad idle.......

ran great a month ago??????.....checked fuel pump, supply, filters? Nothing...

OK time to pull the Carb. Did that...looks good except the primary bore
body flaps are frozen in place....what the *******.........Ok take off the
cover of the Governor linkage compartment full of water and rusted.....How
did the water get in here??????...through the choke pin/lever in the top of
the compartment. Must have built up over time...I had noticed some lack of
throttle response when we drove it into the shop over a month ago. Thought
it was cold......... Oh well...repaired the parts and it goes back on
tomorrow.

By the way, the CARC paint worked perfectly. Did the three color, brown,
green and black. There was a learning curve...but not a long one. Paint
seems very durable and covered quite well. going to have my guy here make
up a couple of dozen gallons. As soon as he gives me numbers I will post them.

Quite easy to paint with, 1, average 3 mil coat...does it. Once over as not
to build it up. Might pop if it is put on too thick over a fresh coat.
Solvent pop I think it is called.

Take care.....

Veteran's Day coming up...............

Jon