Re: [MV] Diesel Fuel

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 07:59:40 PST

"Chris Ciesla" <n2rdp@hotmail.com> wrote:
> There is a sub-type of Multifuel engines which after being overhauled were
> restricted to diesel fuel only. It doesn't have the hardened pump. The only
> way to tell if you have one of these is that there is a decal on the oil
> filter casing that says DIESEL FUEL ONLY.

The engine in my deuce was overhauled in 1989. It does not have the
decal, but it appears that the fuel compensator was bypassed, making
it a diesel-only engine. I didn't know that there was a difference in
the pumps. Does this mean that I should not consider un-bypassing the
fuel compensator to turn it back into a multifuel? I probably wouldn't
do that anyway, but I'd still like to know what my options are.

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/