Re: [MV] Tell me what you think.

From: JOHN SEIDTS (john@astory.com)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 17:49:41 PST

Good luck with getting the truck, but take into consideration that the
logger LEFT it there for 10 years, so he probably didn't think it was worth
much when he did that. Those trucks are notorious for having transmission
problems (unless it was converted to a manual tranny), which will be very
costly in either time, parts, or money to repair. I'd start by offering to
take it off the hands of the owner. Then get a set of manuals and be
prepared Hydramatic 101 in your workshop.

Besides that, when those trucks run, they are lots of fun, and I think more
so than the M34 or M35 series. Just be prepared for the worst with the
automatic transmission (unless it has been converted). Also bear in mind
that there are not any easy substitutes for the automatic transmission in
that truck without replacing the engine with a different type than original.