Re: [MV] Tell me what you think.

From: Keith Byrd (byrdhouse@netease.net)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 13:52:40 PST

Thanks to you all who responded on my truck questions. Most of my experience
has been with mules and trailers. When I found this truck I figured this
might be a good time to upgrade to something larger, it may still be. I'm
going to locate the owner and see what he says he wants for it. I first
thought I would offer $300 and proceed from there, but I think I may start
at $100. Being a tightwad I don't to pay too much and I would like to avoid
a killing at my house. Most of all I don't want to wind up with something I
can't do anything with after paying several $$.
     All the talk about auto trans. and modifications, I know for sure that
it is a manual trans., has dual rear wheels, and data plate says it's a
M135. But I've been around long enought to know that lots of things can be
changed and covered up. What impressed me the most about this one is how
good shape it's in and how everything seems to still be there (except of
course the bed). Very rare for a log truck. I don't believe it was used much
in that role. Before the logger got it I believe it belonged to a local
school district. It has Henry County Board of Education stenciled on the
door(over yellow paint, over the star decal)
     I'll let everyone know what happens. Many thanks, Keith

*Every hillbilly knows that half the fun of gett'in is the want'in.