XM211 Versus M211 question

From: Bryan Rupp (ruppster@alaskalife.net)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 21:37:47 PST

One of the messages from the Tell Me What You Think thread mentions "the XM211 and M211 trucks carry
900x20 dual rears." I thought the G749 series of trucks was never fully accepted as a regular truck
by the military therefore the X designation was never dropped. And yes, I know what the X means as I
own two of them. Anyhow, was the XM211 ever accepted as a standardized truck and if so when was the
X dropped from the designation?

Bryan
1952 XM211 with a CCKW 5 speed manual tranny
1953 XM220 with stock automatic
XM105 1 and 1/2 Ton Trailer From Checker Cab Company
MVPA #20324