Re: [MV] truck at school

From: Michael Howell (michael@tsixroads.com)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 21:06:59 PST

I am surprised that only one person has replied that it is a federal offense to
have a weapon at school or within so many yards of one. This includes guns,
knives, and destructive devises. Many districts include anything that looks
like the above. So a HMV with even a replica machine gun on it would be in
violation of this law. In fact, just driving down the street next to a school
can violate this law. I am thinking this is another thing we can thank slick
for, but might have been voted in before he took office. The displaying of
historic weapons was not exempt form the law as was discussed by the NRA at the
time. Of course, some laws are only enforced when they need to be.

Mike
Tishomingo, MS