Re: [MV] Back at last

From: Demonware Restorations (DEMONWARE@xtra.co.nz)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 21:39:40 PST

> Had a similar virus and was shut down for a week. Hopefully, it is all
okay
> now.

Hi Harry,

The joys of running military software and hardware do have their benefits,
bet my ISP wishes it had a similar setup.

> Am interested in learning more about your Steyr and the "G" replica. What
> can you tell me?

Well the Steyr is a replica 1:1 type 1500A Kommandeurwagon. Four wheel drive
german staff car for use in terrain not suited for the type 82 etc
Kubelwagon. Radio communication units were also built in limited numbers.
Due to the shortage of large RV's or 4WD's over here in New Zealand, I have
based my 1500 on a long wheel base Toyota Landcruiser. All steel
construction with many parts being hand made by my company.

The Ausf was initially started for a national airshow event to be held next
year. The replica is 1:1 scale and we have had to postpone the steel unit
and make progress on a more 'easy to complete' distance replica (you can't
tell from 60 ft away) The second Panther is box section steel and MDF (Wood)
construction, still 1:1 scale but has been placed on top of a Mazda Luce
car. The idlers have been fixed and tracks have been constructed so they
hang from the top frame enabling them to swing and wave like the origonals.
With dust pipes at the front of the tank, as it moves dust pours out at the
front and is disturbed by the car in turn producing plumes of dust almost
undistinguishable from the real thing. Due to time and money constraints we
have had to produce the most life like we can out of what we had been
donated. Once the Airshow is out of the way, work can commence on the real
one once again.

Any questions anyone may have will be happily answered.

Regards

Adam North
RNZAF Police Ret.
Demonware Restorations