Re: [MV] Army Registration Numbers

From: Ken Boge (ken@clovermachine.com)
Date: Sat Dec 02 2000 - 11:09:48 PST

Hank, David, Sascha,
Thanks for you input on my posting.
When I got home yesterday I checked the registration number on my M151A2 and
it is 02KD5270. I guess they have been using registration numbers for a
long time and when they run out of a series they have to add more
numbers/letters to extend them.
It's interesting to note that the data plate has REO Motors silk screened
right on the plate. I guess its not to hard to understand that this plate
could have been replaced with whatever the motor pool had handy if the
original were damaged.
From the information you kind folks have given me, I would say that my deuce
was built by General Products Jeep Corp. around late '70 or early '71.
David, you questioned weather the truck had a winch. It did not originally
have one.
I will check dates stamped on components to see if they match up with the
1970-71 estimate.
Thanks again for you help.
Ken