Re: [MV] Dual PTO

From: TacticalTruck@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 02 2000 - 17:06:56 PST

In a message dated 12/2/00 6:44:30 PM, tempdavis@mail3.newnanutilities.org
writes:

>I saw a double ended transmission PTO on a 5 ton dump and figured it was
>=
>an expensive thing to get a hold of.
>I hav had another suggestion to use the output at the top of the =
>transfercase for the log loader and dump bed. It is not apparent to me
>=
>exactly how I would hook that up.
>There is a round plate with 4 bolts holding it. How do I proceed with
>=
>connecting a shaft to it to run the hydralic pump???

Every original dump (2.5 and 5 ton) I've seen have the dump bed powered off
the transmission PTO. The accessory drives bolt to the back of any PTO making
it "double ended." The accessory drives are rare. You can power the dump off
the transfer of the M35 using the water/fuel truck set up like Dave said. It
mounts where the plate is that you are describing. You'll also need the
control linkage and any drive line shop could make you a drive shaft from the
PTO to your hydraulic pump. These are getting rare too. There's always an
electric pump.
Jeff
TacticalTruck.com