Re: [MV] Beltring questions

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat Dec 02 2000 - 22:35:34 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Gilmore" <jgilmore@oeonline.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2000 5:56 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] Beltring questions

> I fly over Northwest Air Lines right to Gatwick. Then I go
> downstairs to the train station and get a ticket right to the Beltring
> "station".

The " " are pertinent. . . . . .

> The train leaves you off on a wooden platform surrounded by
> farmer's fields in the middle of nowhere. A short walk (1/4 mile) up the
> road takes you right to the event site.

Assuming we've replaced all the broken rails by then as (the now
"privatised) trains seem to have a propensity at present for jumping off
them (semi-state owned by another company).

See also "leaves on the line", "the wrong kind of snow" and currently "the
wrong kind of water".

>If you are camping, you don't even
> need a car! On Sunday morning I take the train back to Gatwick and rent a
> car, then drive back to the event and load all the stuff I bought. Then
> back to the airport and on to the plane for home.
>
> Of course this is the "cheap" way to go to the show.......leaves extra
> money to buy more Saladin/Ferret bits!

Jim seems to have the measure of it.

Richard
Southampton - England