Re: [MV] M-series Horn trouble.

From: Emmett Thompson (kt4al@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Dec 03 2000 - 06:33:30 PST

Gavin;
I had the same problem with my M-109A3. I replaced the horn twice and still
a weak EEERRRREERRR came out of it. I checked the manual and it showed an
adjustment screw on the horn but the horn in the manual looked different
than the one on the truck. I ended up replacing it with an air horn and was
very happy with the noise that came out of it. About the only thing I can
suggest is to check the voltage and see if you are getting 24 volts to the
horn, if so I uses you will have to try another one. It will not be the
first time an NOS part did not work.

OK don't get mad but I cannot resist.............Insure the polarity is
correct. I heard if you reverse the polarity the horn will not "blow" but
make a "sucking" sound.
If you are driving in the rain or fording with the polarity reversed the
generator will fill with water..................Don't kill me sometimes I
cannot help myself.

Regards
Emmett