Do you play with it?

From: Enterprise B&B/Cayman Islands, BWI (Enterprise@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Dec 03 2000 - 10:25:31 PST

 I was thinking this morning (I love new experiences) as I was doing some
prep work on my M37; I will have occasions to use it other than parades,
etc. I can take it to Home Depot and such and not ruin one of our civilian
vehicles (which I have done many times over the years to the distress of my
wives). Anyway, I then got thinking more, what if my driveway suddenly
became 10' wider and 25' longer? I would then have a place to park the
half-track I really want or maybe some other and larger piece of green.
Then I asked myself the big question: When would I be able to play w/it?
The idea of having it sit in my driveway 362 days a year doesn't seem
either right or worth the investment.

OK, now a lot of you probably live in rural areas or smaller towns and you
can take your toys and drive around and have some fun but I live in a burb
of Los Angeles. If you may recall, the last time an MV got serious
attention here is when some guy took a tank from the National Guard parking
lot and proceeded to do a demolition derby on a couple dozen cars and
finally got hung up on a freeway divider. This has been shown I don't know
how many times on shows like "World's Wildest Police Pursuit", etc.

Anyway, so I was wondering how many of your listers actually get to take
your toys out and play more than once or twice a year? I would love to
hear some stories.

Thanks.

David

               GET YOUR CUSTOM MADE LICENSE PLATES