Re: [MV] USS CABOT---it MAY BE (?) too late!

From: Jim Rice (majrice@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 21:07:15 PST

The Iron Woman/USS Cabot Association website states the following:

"The salvage company who owns her has graciously postponed her scrapping for
the last few months but is reaching the limit of their ability to do so. We
must help them by securing an option to purchase the ship while we continue
our development work."

That sure makes me believe she is no longer the property of the US
Navy/goverment.

I am all for saving her. We just need to ensure our efforts are directed at
the right cause. Government intercession is too late now.

Jim