[MV] cargo canvas on a wrecker

From: RKubu@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 08:33:24 PST

List,
I recently found out that most (or all) 2-1/2 and 5 ton trucks are made so that they can use the rear cargo canvas. I was told that this was done to make the trucks appear the same from the air. My wrecker (M543A2) has stake pockets similar to, but not as deep as, my M35A2s and my M813A1 cargo trucks. I was wondering if anyone has any information on installing a rear cargo cover on a wrecker. Are racks/troops seats supposed to be installed first? Are extended bows supposed to be installed instead? Also, how do you tie the cargo cover down?

Please advise.

Bruce
1967 M543A2
1971 M35A2 w/w