Re: [MV] on LST/Jeff Chandler movie...

From: Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 02:29:18 PST

At 11.48 16/12/00 EST, TOM wrote:
>Copied this report from their web site. Thought you might like to hear
about
>some old iron that's running well and a LONG way from help.
>
>Tom Campbell - Birmingham, Alabama

Dec 19 2000

Tom & List

Is the LST the ship of a war movie starring Jeff Chandler? Sorry, I do not
have the original title, in Italian is "Scialuppe a Mare". It was the
story of a ship which traveled from the USA to the Pacific theatre and was
bombed by the Japanese and was sinking... but her landing crafts were still
able to tow her to a port for repair. The Cpt., Jeff Chandler, was
injuried and IIRC, died... but the ship was in a safe port.

Do you remember this movie?
Is the LST the same type of ship/H.M.V. of the movie?

Regards

Raimonmdo - MVPA 15878 & IMPS 2320