Re: [MV] on LST/Jeff Chandler movie...

From: Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 02:59:48 PST

>At 11.48 16/12/00 EST, TOM wrote:
>>Copied this report from their web site. Thought you might like to hear
about
>>some old iron that's running well and a LONG way from help.
>>
>>Tom Campbell - Birmingham, Alabama

Dec 19 2000

Tom & List

Is the LST the ship of a war movie starring Jeff Chandler? Sorry, I do not
have the original title, in Italian was "Scialuppe a Mare". It was the
story of a ship which traveled in a convoy from the USA to the Pacific
theatre and was bombed by the Japanese and was sinking... but her landing
crafts were still able to tow her to a port for repair. The Cpt., Jeff
Chandler, was injuried and IIRC, died... but the ship was in a safe port.

Do you remember this movie?
Is the LST the same type of ship/H.M.V. of the movie?

Regards

Raimondo - MVPA 15878 & IMPS 2320

P.S.
I am having problems with Arthur server: the same problems encountered by
many Listers in the last weeks. I am sending messages to
mil-veh@mil-veh.org and it worked until yesterday Dec 19! Today, Dec 20,
no mail at all and my messages sent yesterday are NOT being delivered...