Re: [MV] UPS

From: Pete & Renee Davis (pandr@cybertours.com)
Date: Sun Dec 31 2000 - 20:40:41 PST

Hello Joe,

I've tried to resist the temptation to chime in on this one, but I just can't
take it any more.

My then-fiancee and I decided to mail order a camera to take on our honeymoon
form one of those big discounters in the camera magazines. It was shipped UPS
in plenty of time. The day of our departure loomed nearer and nearer and we
were getting worried. Finally we received a notice in the mail from UPS
saying they weren't able to deliver the package. I tried calling the UPS 800
number on the card, assuming I would be talking to someone fairly close here
in Maine. I ended up talking with people in North Carolina, California and
Ohio. Needless to say, it was hopeless trying to give any of these people
directions to the house so US could complete its delivery. The upshot of the
thing was that they were finally able to look up the shipping code in their
computer and told me that the driver said he couldn't deliver the camera
because we had moved. I told them to return the camera to the shipper; if
they tried to deliver it we would refuse to accept it. We ended up finding
the same camera for less money at Service Merchandise.

Aaaaah... That feels much better now that that's off my chest.

Mandatory MV content: Didn't see any during our stay in Tobago.

Happy New Year!

Pete Davis
pandr@cybertours.com