Wind Measuring Set on M-101 Trailer

From: PirschEng4@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 13:27:23 PST

Does anyone know how the US Army used the following item I purchased last
summer:

Wind Measuring set
An/MMQ-1B
Serial # 91

MFG. Monmouth Electric Co...
Order # 5032-pp-61

Mast Trailer Mounted
AB-328B/M

Trailer, 3/4 ton 2w-101

5-61

Last summer I purchased a M-101 trailer for my M-37. The trailer had the
above weather station mounted in it. The system consists of a 50 foot
telescoping mast that is extended by electric/hydrulic pumps(one AC one DC)
 The trailer is equipped with out riggers for stability and had wind direct
and wind speed measuring devices attached to the top of the mast (now missing)

I have taken photo's to a number of MV shows this past summer in an attempt
to ID what I have and how it was used. (including the national show) So far
no one has been able to give me any information as to what the Army used it
for.

Thanks

Peter