Jerry Cans - The real deal

From: DANIEL PARMLEY Jr. (ARTILLERYDAN@prodigy.net)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 20:15:05 PST

OK everyone has put in two cents on this. I will be tring to post pictures
of 9 different cans buy next Monday on my web site. This will show USN WWII
dated fuel can, USMC WWII dated fuel can, QMC Early WWII fuel can, QMC WWII
fuel can, US 50's fuel can, US 60's fuel can, QMC Water can for 30 water
cooled with vent, Standard WWII water can, 50s / 60s Water can, USMC
Aluminum water can and others. The can that started this whole discussion
(for which he gave us pictures) is real, made in a factory, USMC (United
States Marine Corps) on the side maker name on the bottom, "German type"
lid. Unless you have a collection of cans of various types and years I would
not try to make asumption statements based upon your knowledge of
principals. Facts are what need to be shown, And I will have them for you
soon.

PS What if I told you the government made plastic/ABS fuel tanks for M151's.
True or False.

Very True I am afraid, just because you ain't seen one don't mean it ain't
real!

Dan Parmley Jr.
Tactical Vehicle Depot
artillerydan@prodigy.net