Re: [MV] M1008 for sale

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Fri Jan 12 2001 - 00:44:37 PST

www.wheeldog.net - Universal's 'Balto' website and more
From: "paul carrier" <paulc@teleport.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2001 9:52 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] M1008 for sale

> At 11:24 PM 1/10/01 -0500, you wrote:
> >List,
> >These trucks are getting very hard to come by in the
> >shape this one is in that have for sale. Cream puff.
> >Check it out at:
> > http://hometown.aol.com/mytjoe73/page4.html
>

> ? We, Oregon just sent a whole bunch to FT Lewis DR.MO
>
> Pissed me off to have to turn our's in. We needed the wheels.

Heh. The company I work for has a bunch of 1009's that were at Withycombe
at one time. You might recognize them as they all seem to have a mod done
which consists of a hole drilled in the hood on the pass. side front, which
corresponds to a post which comes up through the hole when the hood is
closed, allowing for a padlock to be installed. Never seen that on any save
the OR ARNG vehicles.

Curiously, the logbook paperwork for our vehicles lists a large variety of
fictional maladies ranging from "blown motor" to a pre-turn-in inventory
detailing a bunch of missing or non-functional stuff that's pure fantasy.
Some motorpool wog in a hurry to cashier the things, was he?

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211
Vancouver, B.C.