Mine Detector?

From: M37Jumbo@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 12 2001 - 21:39:35 PST

  In a junk shop I came across an odd looking instrument and would like to
question the list about it. It consists of three main pieces. The center bar
{wooden} is 30-36 inches long, in the center of it there is a handle carved,
on one side there is a bracket for a 6 volt battery, on the opposite there is
a small light bulb receptacle. At each end there is an angle adjustable,
wooden slat which goes perhaps 24 inches and connects to a wooden hoop
approximately 30 inches in diameter. The hoop has a cross bar {the slat
attaches in the center supporting the hoop} on each end of this slat there is
a ceramic insulator. The story I heard is that the battery energized the
circuit and when a mine was detected it activated the light bulb. The
manufacturers name and address are stamped on the thing and it completely
disassembles with wingnuts. Anyone ever hear or see such a thing?

SAM
62M37