Re: [MV] M135's/CCKW's--Full Metal Jacket

From: NIGEL HAY (nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Sun Jan 14 2001 - 13:34:03 PST

The CCKw's were modified to look like M35's cos believe it or not in the
early 80's no none had them in the UK.
Stanley Kubrik borrowed the tanks from the Belgian army and Becton Gasworks
in Londons East End (now part of the luxury residential area of London
Docklands) was transformed into Vietnam. The London Fire brigade got may
calls from people woh heard explosions and saw smoke during the filming.
At least one of the 6x6 trucks survives with collector Mark Palmer and is a
regular at the War and Peace Show and most major MV events here in the home
of all the good films.(Compulsory Beltring content....)

Has everyone overlooked the famous Rodney Rushton jeep driving sequence in
the forest in A Bridge Too Far?

Kind regards, NIGE