Re: [MV] it's a splendid thing -

From: Ron (rojoha@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Jan 15 2001 - 13:43:57 PST

Thanks Dan for pointing out the site.
    While it looks like it could have a solid place in Emergency Services
operations in the US,not to mention gas and electric utilities( local
electric utility bought 10 of the old CASE/ Unimog pickups for line patrol
20 years ago and are still in use), the lack of a dealer support network
would be the knife in it's throat. All things considered though, it would
probably not be importable for use here due to DOT/NHTSA rules and
regulations. Any thoughts from U.S. Constabulary truck team types on it's
ability to make it into the U.S.?
    Also, while they may not speaka da englesh too good, it's 100 % better
than the Russian I've learned from Clancy novels.
A Quote from the site:

"FAQs - Frequent asked questions.

Under the name it becomes clear, that here will be is!

We have decided here to place the most original and beautiful questions.
Questions can send on this E-mail: polux@te.net.ua
We are always glad to your letters.

We hope, that it is pleasant to you! "

God bless em!! Definitely looks WAY COOLER than a HMMWV. GM take note... you
aren't the only source for NEW all wheel drive, go anywhere vehicles.
    Anyone arranges to get them in country, and can set up a parts/dealer
network, please send the list a message with the particulars (like price
$US) or a web site.
 There could be a GAZ in your future. Give it hell guys, and good luck.

Ron

 PS Will trade (4) M38A1's, one M715, one M116A1 Gen trailer with (2) 5k
gas generators and (3) H1 diesel powered aircraft pre heaters for one of
these puppies! At least it runs, out of the box!