MB Steering Bell Cranks, again...

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Tue Jan 23 2001 - 18:34:34 PST

The saga of the stuck bell crank pin is comming to an end. It is out and
the taper lock pin is no longer. I put the new one in but it is shorter
and does not go all the way thru the casting, which I guess will work, but
then I went to drive the taper pin in and it's sticking out over 1/4".
Upon further investigation I find that the slot machined into the main pin
is about 0.050" shallower than the original pin. I'm wondering now if the
main pin for a CJ-2 is different than the MB and perhaps I just have the
wrong pin. Anyone know if the MB (axle mounted) and the later CJ2's (frame
mounted) use the same bell crank pivot pin?

je