Re[2]: [MV] WHAT COULD THIS BE?

From: Anith@wfp.org
Date: Sat Feb 03 2001 - 07:20:27 PST

Lou,

Sorry, I could not respond to your message earlier. In fact I was trying to
take a second look at the jeep and "interrogate" its owner. The jeep is a
M606 (Thanks Chance Wolf!). I scraped the plate in the engine bay and found
out that the jeep was made in 1955. The owner perhaps wanted me to think
that it was older than it really was. He admitted that the split windscreen
is not original and was replaced from an earlier model jeep.

Sad that it is not your old jeep from Eritrea.

Listers, when did the first version of this M606 (military version of the
CJ 3B) roll out?

Thanks

Anith

Sudan