Re: [MV] [MVlist] All legal questions part II

From: Peter Silfven (ttpete@gatecom.com)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 15:26:08 PST

Jay, you need to remember that very few cops get "drummed off the force" for
being rude and overbearing to the public. I need to say, though, that I ride a
motorcycle a minimum of 10K miles a year. This brings me into contact with law
enforcement more than the average Neon driver, just because I am more visible
than average. The problem with making a formal citizens complaint is that there
is the possibility that you will be harassed by the other cops on the force. It
is no fun. You might win the battle, but you WILL lose the war. I don't know
about you,but I can't afford to pay a lawyer to take on a city.