Re: [MV] Camo support pole use

From: C C (n2rdp@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 13:21:11 PST

>Please excuse my ignorance... I just won a pair of camo support pole
>sets in an auction, and I was wondering if anybody could point me
>towards a TM or FM that shows how to use them properly. I've seen them
>set up once, and it looked to me like there are one or two right ways
>to set them up, and about a thousand ways to end up tangled in a heap
>of net and fiberglass poles! :-)

In my Army days, we had to set these up a lot. It's not that hard. I don't
have a TM ref, there should be one printed on the bag. An improtant thing to
remember when setting up camo net is to have all the pockets on your BDU's
secure and nothing for the net to grab on to exposed.

This netting is particularly nasty stuff. It will grab anything and is more
of a pain to set up then a GP Large tent.

The basic idea is to spread the net out on the ground, stake two corners,
put the three-winged spreader at the end of a pole and lift up the net. You
set 4 support poles, so they set at a 70 degree angle, then stake the two
remaining corners.

If you set it up in the middle of a field, it gives the Sappers a nice big
target to aim at.