12v Lights on a 24v truck

From: C C (n2rdp@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 20:17:28 PST

I have a very simple modification, that doesn't require making any permanent
modifications, to allow the use of 12v headlights on 24v trucks.

I'm considering making up little kits so that anyone who wanted to use 12v
headlights, which cost $4 at NAPA as opposed to 24v headlights which cost
$120 at NAPA, would there be any interest in these? The other bulbs would
remain 24v.

It would be simple to install, all you would need for tools would be a flat
screwdriver and a 1/2" wrench. The vehicle could also be restored to 24v
headlights just as easily.

I'm not looking to go into business, I'm just trying to help out people who
aren't too good at electrical.

Chris