WW2 Bedford OYD Measurements Wanted please

From: Tim (tcb@hasher.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 06:41:03 PST

Hi

Does anyone have a Bedford OYD on the list.... or know the answer to this
please...

I need to find out what the measurements are for the hardwood rails that sit
between the chassis and the rear cargo body. Are these single pieces, or
some form of composite design.

I am presuming the wooden cross-members for the rear body sit directly onto
wooden rails running from to back along the top of the chassis.
Unfortunately I havent got any good images/examples of Bedford OYD's to work
from locally (to my knowledge).

 Also what sort of wood should be used - I presume a hardwood, But what ?

I also have a scrap rear body which could provide some parts to anyone
currently building one... if anyone is interested please let me know (I am
in England).

Many thanks

Tim