Tow bar source?

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 19:04:38 PST

Man, it really HURT to be without the MIL-VEH list for a few days! I
am SO GLAD it's back up!! No, I don't plan to join the other list on
Yahoo, because I don't like the terms of their service/privacy
agreement.

Does anybody know where I can get my hands on a surplus tow bar like
the kind carried by 5-ton wreckers, including all required hardware to
hook it up to a HMMWV or a 2.5-ton or 5-ton multifuel? I'd like to
have something gathering dust in the hangar that I can use to move
around dead trucks when the urge presents itself.

One of these days, I'd like to get a 5-ton wrecker to go with the tow
bar. It would be handy to have the tow bar ahead of time, in case I
need to use my deuce to push a dead wrecker into the hangar when it
arrives, and it doesn't come with its own bar.

I'm kicking myself for not bidding on the wreckers which were up for
auction at Vandenberg a few months ago. There were two of them that
looked interesting to me, and if I had bid on them, I would have won
the better of the two by a satisfyingly narrow margin (though not
quite as narrow as the $19.01 margin on my deuce!). Sigh. There's a
supposedly-repowered M62 in a local auction tomorrow (2/27/01) at
Vandenberg, but I need to let that one slip by. I hope some more show
up near me in a national auction sometime soon. If anybody on the list
wins that wrecker, please share pictures!

There are a hundred good reasons why it would be a Really Bad Idea for
me to buy another green truck, but that hasn't stopped me so far! :-)

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/