Re: [MV] Tow bar source?

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 22:21:51 PST

I've received some interesting responses via private mail so far, and
I thought I'd share some details to stimulate more conversation:

1. These suckers are HEAVY, and may require truck shipment (hmm, I
shold probably try to find a nearby local source first). "200 pounds"
was mentioned.

2. There are more than one size, including small ones for trucks up to
deuces, medium ones for deuces and 5-tons, and huge ones for
tank-sized vehicles. I'm looking for something that could connect to
the shackle mounts on a HMMWV, deuce or 5-ton, but I don't envision
myself pulling anything larger than a deuce on the road. I'd be
satisfied if it could be used to pull a 5-ton at 5 MPH or so on flat
pavement, just for moving around a possible future wrecker at the
airport where my deuce lives until I get it running. I'd prefer the
lightest tow bar that could do that. Could a "small" tow bar pull
something up to HMMWV-sized on the road, and something up to a 5-ton
wrecker at 5 MPH or less on flat pavement?

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/