Re: [MV] Blazer Problem

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 17:07:40 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian" <polaris650_92@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 12:11 PM
Subject: [MV] Blazer Problem

> Hey,
> Last week, I was driving my 84 M1009, and when I
> went to make a right turn from a light, I heard a loud
> "Bang" and ever since then, It makes funny noises from
> the rear. It only does it when I take sharp turns. I
> am not sure it is, any suggestions? Any help is
> greatly appreciated.

I had one of the film company's do that awhile back on a tight left-hand
corner. I had accelerated to beat the oncoming traffic and I think the
rear-wheels broke loose, and every corner after that one featured that same
sort of 'clunk' and binding I'm used to when something's stuck in 4WD on dry
pavement. I stopped it and backed up a distance before resuming my drive,
and that seemed to cure it for the moment, but someone suggested my diff may
well be full of 90W unsuited for locking or limited-slip type differentials
(i.e., the diff locked up when it wasn't supposed to.)

Dunno if either is the case with your beast, but there's my 0.02.

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211
Vancouver, B.C.